SKI TOWN-WOMEN'S TEAM-TEAM KIA KAHA
Welcome to the first Annual Kia Kaha Women's team! This team is a fun-first, semi-competitive team participating in the Ski Town Shoot Out at Park City. We are blending 2012 grads and Alumni players from Riverton, Alta and other Utah High schools to relive our high school careers, renew friendships and, for some, say farewell to the great sport of Lacrosse. Here are a few details about the tournament:
- Date: June 8 and 9th
- Location: Park City, Utah, Ecker Hill Middle School, 2465 West Kilby Rd, Park City, UT 84098
- Minimum # of Games per Team: 4
- Other Teams Participating: Mamaci, U of U, BYU, Westminster and Tribal West
- Registration is $30 per player/US Lacrosse membership required
- I have paid $225 out of pocket for a team deposit and we will have to split up that cost among the team.
- The team will provide game pennies
- We will have a few practices before the tournament, practices are not mandatory but are recommended to get to know your teammates and knock the dust off your stick. Practices are meant to be fun.
- We will have 3-4 practices at Rosemond Elementary School or Swenson Farm Park in Riverton. The first practice is on Tuesday, May 29th from 6-8 pm at Swenson Farm Park at 12059 S. Swensen Farm Drive (4370 W.) City, Riverton, Utah. Zip/PostCode: 84065
- Game Schedule
Regular games take place on the hour on the following schedule
Friday – First game at 5:00 pm, last game at 7:00 pm
Saturday – First game at 10:00 am, last game at 7:00 pm
Please register HERE. Or go to www.utahlax.org and go to "on-line registration" on the left hand tab. Scroll down to the "2012 Women's Ski Town Registration". Please register under "Team KIA KAHA"
Utah and the Ski Town Shoot-Out would like to welcome the Women to a fun, relaxing tournament. So the tournament runs as smoothly as possible we have the rules that all the teams need to follow.
Timing of the Game - There will be Round Robin Play, with 20 minute running halves, stop clock the last 2-minutes of each half. There will also be a 5-minute half time, and two 1-minute time outs, with running clock.
Cards - If a player is carded receives a yellow card in any game during the tournament, the player will leave the field for 2-minutes, and the team will play down for 2 minutes. If the player receives a second yellow card, the player will leave the field for the remainder of the game. Upon receiving a 3rd team yellow card, the team receiving the card will play down a player for the reaminder of the game. If a red card is issued that player will have to sit out the teams next game.
Lightning - If lightning should occur, the games will be stopped, players will seek shelter immediately. The officials and trainers will make a decision whether or not as to when the game will resume.
If for any reason, such as weather or other factors out of our control, we are forced to cancel games, the tournament committee will review all refund requests. No single member of the tournament committee is authorized to promise partial or full refunds. Those decisions rest solely with the executive committee of the ULA, and will be reviewed in a timely manner.
Parking and Transportation
Parking is at a premium. We ask that teams carpool as much as possible and minimize the number of cars at the site.
Photos and Video
The ULA reserves the right to use photo and video images from the tournament for promotional purposes. The tournament waiver discusses this in more detail.
If you have any questions, please let me know. We will communicate to you via email, text, and facebook. Please text your cell and email to David Oka @ 801-971-6063. You may invite friends, but please let David know AHEAD of time so that we do not get too many players. We will keep the roster to about 18-22 people so everyone plays (but does not over do it). If we have too many player register, I reserve the right to cap the team. Please register ASAP.